Colder August

You can take the girl out of Manila... But you could never take Manila out of the girl.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day 2

Barely 24 hours here when homesickness kicked in. Gerdemit. I'm just 6 hours away from the civilization that I have been used to... But it seems lightyears.

We were at this music lounge which a friend recommended when I concluded something: The locals are sad uptight excessively reserved people. This band was playing and everyone was just staring at them nonchalantly. Nobody was talking with whoever he/she was with. Nobody was singing along. Nobody was even tapping his/her foot to the music. It was like The freaking Twilight Zone! And the worst was... It wasn't even midnight and there were only five tables left occupied. My nights out back home usually start when Cinderella had to be home. Tsk.

So I sought help from my good friend Dax who I met two years ago when he was in Manila to take the bar exams. Yes, he is a lawyer now... Considering on specializing at Civil Law. But he still ties my sneakers for me. Haha. Biatch.

He took us to a bar he was sure still serves alcohol after 2. It was... okeiii. At least we had beer. And good conversation. Funn.

I got to meet a few sisters, none of whom I could remember a single name. Not like it matters. I don't really plan on hanging with them a lot. I went away to be away from that in the first place.

Capped the night with Lugaw at Session. Couldn't beat Angels GOTO Heaven, though. Tear.

Still... the best part for me here is the fog inside the mall. Yes, fog inside the mall. Where else would you see that?

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger iya+jan=lurv said...

i love that same fog too.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger igdeguzman said...

eheh so wag kn uli punta dun ng friday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home